twitter




Thursday, June 17, 2010

Heart palpitations, high pulse low blood pressure?

I%26#039;m 15 weeks pregnant. In the last week I%26#039;ve been having heart palpitiations, pretty frequently, certainly every hour. I spent last Thursday in the emergency room, they did an EKG when I walked in, it looked good. Drew blood, started me on fluids as I was dehydrated from morning sickness and took a urine specimin. After the fluids finished up they put me on a heart moniter (rythmn and pulse) blood pressure check every 15 minutes and blood oxygen/breath rate. Things had settled down, nothing really showed on the moniter save for a few odd beats, nothing serious. The blood/urine tests were ok. They did CBC and electrolyte panel. The only thing that showed up was some mild ketosis from not being able to keep anything down. I%26#039;ve also had episodes of after eating my pulse will speed up to 95-100 bpm and my blood pressure will be around 105/60. Low for me. At physical therapy the other day after mild excersice my bp was 112/65 (again lower than my normal.)



Heart palpitations, high pulse low blood pressure?

Ok, I know its difficult to maintain proper hydration with morning sickness. Ask your doctor for an anitemetic (scopolamine, phenergen) for days when the vomitting is really bad. Your irregular heartbeats probably came as a result of dehydration as decreased blood volume is a bit of shock to your system.



What concerns me is the increased heart rate when you eat. I have heard of this in conjunction with an ailing gallbladder.



As far as your blood pressure is concerned, pregnancy just messes with it. Generally hypertensive patients will suddenly become hypotensive and vice-versa.



Do what you can to maintain proper fluids, take your vitamins, exercise as much as you can tolerate, keep all of your prenatal appointments, eat well and dont be afraid to call the doctor or go to the ER if something isnt right. Good Luck



Heart palpitations, high pulse low blood pressure?

Low blood pressure means below 90/60. Your blood pressure at 105/60 and 112/65 is very good and is actually much better than the normal of 120/80. Lower down to 90/60 is much better than higher up to 140/90.



Your pulse is certainly a bit high because the normal is from 60 to 80 and below 60 down to 50 or even 45 is much better than higher up to 95 or 100.



You should not really be checking you BP and pulse after eating because they are both meant to be checked at least a couple of hours after eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment