twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Was I having a heart attack?

Acouple days ago I was sitting at a friends house and was sitting at his kitchen table. At first I could feel my heart beat begin to rise but I didn%26#039;t think anything of it. I thought that it was like that from the euphoria I was experiencing acouple minutes before. Anyways, my heart started to be faster and faster. It was almost as if it went from a rate of 90 BPM to about 200 BPM in a matter of 2 seconds. At the moment I started freaking out cause I didn%26#039;t know what was going on (now keep in mind that I am sitting at my friends kitchen table still.) Then shortly after (about 2 minutes had passed and it was still beating fast) I started to lose my breathe and I could barely breathe. My vision started to get somewhat blurred/ started to go black and I began to get lightheaded like I was going to pass out. Luckily, It only lasted acouple minutes and I didn%26#039;t pass out, but it sure scared me. I asked one of my friends for help but they didn%26#039;t do anything, they just watched.



Hospital?



Was I having a heart attack?

Dump those friends who just stood and watched. You sure they didn%26#039;t mix anything in your drink or food ? Do you share any financial set up with them ? I%26#039;m asking this since they just watched and didn%26#039;t come forward to help you. Maybe I%26#039;m reading too many murder mysteries.



Go see a doctor. It%26#039;s your health and your life. Look after it.



Was I having a heart attack?

maybe i woukld think so...



Was I having a heart attack?

You need to see a doctor. Go tomorrow.



Was I having a heart attack?

Sounds like an anxiety attack-they can be really frightening. Go and see a Dr to be on the safe side.



Was I having a heart attack?

Another sign is if your left arm is tingling. Um i would go to the doctor to get it checked out becuase you never want to take a chance with your health.



Was I having a heart attack?

that sound skinda serious.. i suggest seeing a doctor



Was I having a heart attack?

Wow Sounds like you have good friends... At least they weren%26#039;t laughing at you... right?



Was I having a heart attack?

Sounds like PSVT. Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia. It resolves itself and that is why it is paroxysmal. If it maintains itself at a rate of over150 and you are short of breath definitley go to a hospital.



Was I having a heart attack?

You could have been having a panic attack... was anything bothering your. It also could have been a possible acid reflex thing as well. You might have scared your friend or they thought you were joking with them. Chances are you didn%26#039;t have a heart attack, you would have gone numb in some part of your body, arm, whole side of the body. I would go ahead and set up a doctors appointment just to get things checked out. You may have a clogged artery.



Was I having a heart attack?

You should go get yourself checked. My uncle had similar symptoms. He is in the hospital for bypass surgery now because of it.



Was I having a heart attack?

Yes, Your friend should have called 911. There are several things that could have caused it, heart attack being one. I would certainly call your doctor now and get his advice. Most likely he%26#039;ll want to do some tests. You may just have had too much coffee but it doesn%26#039;t sound right to me.



Was I having a heart attack?

could be a p-anic attack.. go to doc i had panic disorder got over it ..meds ect



Was I having a heart attack?

Probably not. Sounds like you have a condition called SVT which is a fast heart beat. It can damage your heart or even beat so fast it stops.You need to see a doctor immediately.



200 is way too fast a heart rate. Most of the time it is easily



treated with medication. You should have been taken to the hospital. You weren%26#039;t experimenting with drugs, were you?



If you were, you were playing with fire.



Was I having a heart attack?

If it was a heart attack you would be bedridden for at least a week with very little strength.



Was I having a heart attack?

Sounds like you were having a panic attack,but always call your doctor tell him what is happening, and most likely he will tell you to go to the hospital, if it gets worse or you feel pain call an ambulance you will get to see a doctor quicker.



A panic attack is not from an outside source of fear It usually starts with a harmless heart palpitation that you feel ,and then you get a little nervous which may cause it to happen again then the process continues until it becomes a full blown panic attack.



Was I having a heart attack?

symptoms of heart attack, chest pain, pain going through your collar bone, lower jaw bone, feel like your going to pass out,



pian going down the back of your neck, pain going to your left or right shoulder, weekness, dizzyness, having to lay down chest pressure or tightness. These symptoms are commen to men but women seem to have a ittle bit different symptoms but many are the same.



Sincerely yours,



Fred M. Hunter



fmhguitars@yahoo.com



Was I having a heart attack?

Ok before I say anything im just gonna let you know Im going to be a 9thgrader and I know a little bit about heart problems..Because last year around this exact time I began showing first signs of heart problems cause of the passing of my grandfather.Anyway,if ever your heart rate shoots up high chance blood pressure will to and that sometimes is lethal.but if its never happened before its ok but you have to get that checked out.Lightheaded,vision,and lack of breathing can signal a black out,but sometimes you come back from that.And when you black out it doesnt mean your dead.Sometimes short situations like what you expierienced mean its time to stop what your doing and maybe just lie down or go home.If it happens a third time,same symptoms just skip the doctor altogether and go to the emergency room.If you say and fill out on sign in sheet chest pains theyll take you in in minutes for whats called an EKG,Electrocardiogram its where the put stickies on your chest wrists and ankles and it checks your hearts pumping very closely and they will tell if somethings wrong.They might recommend a cardiologist or might do it in the hospital whats called an EEG echocardiogram where they do a sonogram on your heart(like for the babies).Most of the time theres nothing seriously wrong,and when you get the way you do they will probably say always have a small dose of aspirin with you.But if you black out its definatly time to get another cardiologist to check you out.



I prefer going to ER first because theyll test you and actually help you when you most need it,even if the doctor bill is crazy.But you can always tell your doctor for a referral to a cardiologist and they will and have to comply.



Good luck.



Was I having a heart attack?

There are a number of things that it could have been, and I



would also lean toward the SVT as it sounds like you%26#039;re



rather young. However, it is NOT normal. Yes, you should



have gone to the hospital then, but since it has passed, I



think you should see your doctor now to get an opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment